AFTER YOU OPEN YOUR CALL:
- Send your missionary acceptance letter
- Log into Missionary Portal
- Read through the entire Call Packet. The packet is very thorough in what you need to do immediately, how to prepare, & what to do before entering the MTC. It will answer a lot of the questions you have, so read the entire book.
- Read the white Missionary Handbook & start watching the District.
- –If you’re serving foreign, expedite your passport as soon as possible & get started on your immunizations.
COLD MISSIONS: If you’re serving in a cold mission take lots & lots of tights. Trust me, you’ll want them. Take some thick skirts, sweaters, long sleeve shirts, & jackets to keep you warm & layer. You may want to consider taking some small hand warmers that skiers use, a rice bag (one you can heat up & stick in your bed before you go to sleep), & you’ll probably need some of the items below.
- Coat and/or Rain Jacket: Al’s Sporting Goods, Burlington Coat Factory, Columbia, LLBean, Nordstrom Rack, REI
- 4-5 sweaters and heavier cardigans
- Winter Hat
- 2-3 Scarves
- Ear-muffs or running head band
- 3 Cotton leggings or Fleece lined tights
- 3 Wool socks or boot socks (or both)
- Boots (links found under shoes)
- 1-2 pair of cold gear or under armour
Replace some standard skirts with ones that will repel snow and rain, & replace some t-shirts with hoodies or sweatshirts.
HOT MISSIONS: Be careful about the fabrics you choose. This includes skirts, blouses, & garments. Don’t take pieces that require layering. You’ll want to throw on some simple tees & go to work, so choose loose & casual for the most part, especially if you’re serving somewhere humid. I suggest you look into some of the items below:
- A-line, flowy skirts
- Lots of hair ties
- Close toed sandal-like shoes –Cobb Hill Ireland Sandals
- Handheld fans
- Mesh or Carinessa garments